HOLLYWOOD HOT GOSSIP Headline Animator

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kellie Picker: Patriotic and Pretty for Maxim



July 24th, 2012 2:06 PM by Hilton Hater
 
Kellie Picker covers the latest issue of Maxim.
But the former American Idol contestant has goals in mind that include a lot more than merely showing skin: she's espousing the virtues of the USO and hoping others get involved in assisting our military.
Kellie Picker Maxim Cover
"I come from a military family," says Pickler, who has traveled abroad with the USO five times. "My grandfather is a retired Marine, and I've always had a great deal of respect for anyone who serves our country. It really does take someone special to sacrifice everything. I don't mean just their lives, either. There are men who are sacrificing the chance to hold their newborn baby!"
Pickler adds that she hates singing the National Anthem, which may seem like an odd stance for someone with her belief system, but her rationale is spot-on.
"I love the anthem if someone else is singing it, but doing it myself gives me anxiety! I feel like people are waiting for you to mess up! I've done it before and I'll do it again, I'm sure, but I'd rather show my patriotism by going to Afghanistan."
Amen. For more from Kellie, pick up this issue of Maxim when it goes on sale July 31.


No comments:

Post a Comment